When I woke up

 What I Thought After Seeing This.!!
 

When I woke up, Terry was already working on the stove and by the smell of it he was preparing breakfast. Suddenly, I realised how hungry I was. The sun was shining through the windows. Apparently, it stopped snowing. Thank God! "Good morning, Terry" I said while sitting up. "It seems that the sleeping beauty finally woke up - without having a prince kissing him! Good morning, Bruce. Hope you had a good night's sleep!" the old giant said to me while he continued to cook breakfast. I slowly got up and walked over to him: "That smells great, Terry!" "Help yourself to a cup of coffee, son! Have a smoke, too if you want!" he told me while I realised that I had pulled out the pack of cigarettes when I got up. I fetched me a cup, sat down on the table and lighted a fag. Although I was eager to tell Terry about the nightmare I experienced this night, I did not say anything. Terry finished preparing breakfast and came over with two full plates. Then he sat down and we had a silent breakfast. He watched me while I wolfed down the food. I could not help it, I was starved. He smiled knowingly while he ate. When we finished breakfast he sat back, lit his pipe and said: "Okay, son! It is daylight. Now is the time to talk about the dead. Tell me what you saw!" And I told him everything, about my journey, the breakdown of my car, the discovery of the light and then I told him about the creatures. During my tale he kept his silence, he only nodded knowingly from time to time. "That's it, Terry! It is weird, isn't it? You believe me, don't you?" I stammered when I finished my story. "Yes, Bruce, it is a weird yarn you are telling me but I do believe you!" he told me and I felt relieved that he did not think me mad. He continued: "We will do a little walk now and I will tell you a very violent story!" Then he got up, took his coat from the hook and handed me mine, too. I stepped into my Wellies and we left the warmth of the house. Though the sun was shining it was chilling cold outside. We started to walk side by side. Silently again. I saw the tree which was in my way, last night. Indeed there were no other trees around. I chuckled and shook my head slowly. We walked for quite a while until I realised that we were walking towards the place of the bonfire. I got a bit anxious but Terry was with me and it was daylight. So my troubles flew away.

share