I mumbled my thanks

Curly Hair Problems!!
 
" I mumbled my thanks and drank slowly. It tasted delicious and it was wonderfully hot. The hotness filled up my stomach and I started to feel good, again. A little bit dizzy, though. Maybe, I had gotten myself a slight concussion. I would worry about it later. While I listened to Terry talking about my rescue I realised that Terry did not have a Highland dialect, not even a Scottish dialect, at all. He was talking like an Englishman from the south coast. I asked him about it and he told me: "You have a pretty good ear, Bruce! I was born and raised in Weymouth. I spent all my adult life there, too! After my little Rose died 16 years ago I left my hometown and moved up here. Pretty odd, isn't it? An old Englishman spending the rest of his life up here in the wild Highlands!" he explained to me. Then I made the decision to tell him about my experience: "Terry, I saw something, that's why I was running away ...!" He held up his hand and stopped me from telling him about the creatures, looked at me for a couple of seconds, which seemed like an eternity to me and said in a very low voice: "I know! But this is not the time to tell me about it. Drink up, Bruce and get some sleep! You will tell me tomorrow when the sun is up and I might tell you some things, too!" I nodded slowly, although I still wanted to tell him, right now, but he seemed serious about it so I shut up and we drank our coffee in comfortable silence. I put away the cup and fell asleep very quickly.

share